I am Hassan - applied machine learning and deep learning researcher with a focus on natural language processing . I like to work on interesting NLP problems, specially looking at them from the angle of their practical application. I enjoy reading books and love spending time with my family.
Since you ended up on this page and if you are wondering where to go next, here are a few pointers:
To know more about me but in a summarized form, check out About me!
To see my deep learning and NLP courses, check out Teaching
Here is a link to my resume
If you would like to reach out to me for:
- an interesting problem, drop a line here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- my courses, drop a line here: email@example.com
- else: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keynote: Hidden Linguistic in Deep NLP Models, Symposium on Natural Language Processing, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (March 2019)
- Deep learning for NLP: Fun teaching at International Spring School in Advanced Language Engineering, University of Moratuwa (March 2019)
- Talk: Machine Translation in Real World, King’s College London, UK (March 2019)
- Talk: Analyzing Individual Neurons in Deep NLP Models, University of Melbourne, Australia (February 2019)
- Accepted @NAACL 2019: “One Size Does Not Fit All: Comparing NMT Representations of Different Granularities”
- Accepted @NAACL 2019: “Highly Effective Arabic Diacritization using Sequence to Sequence Modeling”
- Media coverage: Our work on NeuroX - Analyzing and Controlling Individual Neurons is featured at MIT news and several AI blogs.
- Accepted @ICLR 2019: “Identifying and Controlling Important Neurons in Neural Machine Translation”
- Accepted @AAAI 2019: “What Is One Grain of Sand in the Desert? Analyzing Individual Neurons in Deep NLP Models”
- Accepted @AAAI 2019: “NeuroX: A toolkit for Analyzing Individual Neurons in Neural Network”
- Best Innovation Award @ARC’18 for our Speech Translation System, see media coverage
- Deep learning for NLP: I will be delivering an intensive course on deep learning for NLP at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany in the second week of April 2018
- Accepted @NAACL 2018: Incremental decoding and training methods for simultaneous translation in neural machine translation
- Media coverage: Our work on understanding Neural Machine Translation has made it to MIT news and been picked by several channels like ScienceBlog, ScienceDaily
- Accepted @IWSLT 2017: Neural Machine Translation Training in a Multi-domain Scenario
- Deep learning for MT: I had great fun in teaching deep learning for machine translation at the DGfS-CL Fall School. Course material is available here.
- Accepted two papers @ACL 2017
- Read my post about What does Neural Machine Translation Learn about Morphology