I am an NLP researcher, consultant and mentor blended with entrepreneurial interests.
Currently, I am working as a senior research scientist in Arabic Language Technologies group at Qatar Computing Research Institute, Qatar. I manage applied machine learning team that mainly focuses on interpretation of deep NLP models and machine translation.
Since you ended up on this page and if you are wondering where to go next, here are a few pointers:
To know more about the research areas I worked on, check out Research!
To see my deep learning and NLP courses, check out Teaching!
You can find my resume here.
If you would like to reach out to me for:
- an interesting problem, drop a line here: email@example.com
- my courses, drop a line here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- else: email@example.com
- NeuroX Toolkit on pip: https://pypi.org/project/neurox/
- Accepted Papers 2021: 1@TACL, 1@NAACL, 1@ACL findings, 2@ICWSM, 1@IWCS
- Tutorial @NAACL 2021: Fine-grained Interpretation and Causation Analysis in Deep NLP Models
- Accepted papers 2020: 2@EMNLP, 2@COLING, 1@ACL, 1@CL, 1@NLE
- Talk: Exploiting Redundancy in Pre-trained Models for Efficient Transfer Learning at Machine Learning and Data Analytics Symposium, Qatar (Mar. 2021), Facebook, US (Feb 2021) and National Research Council, Canada (Nov. 2020)
- Talk: Hidden Linguistics in Deep NLP Models. Heinrich-Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Germany
- Media Coverage: One billion tokens translated. Gulf times, Qatar tribune and several TV/radio channels such as Qatar radio and Qatar TV
- Released: First-ever Dialectal Arabic to English Machine Translation System covering a large variety of Arabic dialects
- Tech Transfer: Machine Translation Technology to KanariAI
- Talk: Interpreting Deep NLP Models, University of Edinburgh, UK (April 2020)
- Talk: University of Sheffield, UK (Mar 2020)
- Invited talk: Efficient Transfer Learning of Pretrained Model. 7th International Conference on Language and Technology, Pakistan (February 2020)
- Talk: Analyzing Individual Neurons in Deep NLP Models at Google, Facebook, Amazon, Salesforce and Bosch, US (April 2019)
- Keynote: Hidden Linguistic in Deep NLP Models, Symposium on Natural Language Processing, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (March 2019)
See all previous news here: News
- Artificial Intelligence
- Applied Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Interpretation of Deep Neural Network Models
PhD in Computer Science, 2012
University of Stuttgart, Germany
MS in Computer Science, 2007
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Pakistan